• Was this Guide Helpful/Accurate? 0

The result is only visible to the participants.

What is Gas huffing?

Gas Scoops/Harvesters is used to collect special gases that are used for booster production (K-space only) and if harvested in wormholes (J-Space only fullerite is found here), The value of these gases can vary and the price difference between the forms of gases can be enormous, with some gases being worth pennies and others fetching tens of millions for a single Venture haul.

Wiki Information on Gas Huffing

What ship is best for Gas Harvesting?

The Venture is a great ship to use when harvesting gas. As you can see from the traits below it gets a huge role bonus on gas harvesting yields, it has a 5.000 m3 cargo hold, it can fit two gas harvesters and has an extra high slot for a scanner or a cloak, depending on your needs. And since you need to train the skills for this ship whatever you intend to mine, it is the default beginner gas harvesting ship. Ventures have 2+ scramble strength pairing up with a Warp core stabilizer will make it immune to a single ship's anti-warp modules ideal for escaping Cloaked Solo Pirates. Also use cheaper ships like Herons (Unless your Omega then get a astero/buzzard | buzzards have lower cloak timers) to find gas then bring your venture (or prospect if your omega) in to suck it up, why risk 7-42 million fit when u can risk 0.300-185 million fits! (Corvettes fits with scanners are a cheaper alternatives to herons etc.)

Wiki Information On Ships

Wiki Information on Equipment (gas huffer modules)

My Cheap Scanner Fit (Alpha Friendly) 300K

My Gas Heron Fit (Alpha Friendly) 1.5M

My Venture Fit (Alpha Friendly) 7M

My Prospect Fit (Omega Only) 42M

My Astero Fit (Omega fitted and recommended) 185M

My Buzzard Fit (Omega Only) 80M

Where to find Gas Sites

gas can only be harvested from gas sites which must be scanned down using scanning probes. Gas sites can be found in both in known space and wormholes. Mykoserocin and cytoserocin gases can be found in known space aka K-Space, while fullerines are found in wormholes aka J-Space.

Fullerides (J-Space Gases)

There are nine different types of fullerides, which are gases that can only be found in wormhole space. Fullerides are used in T3 manufacturing and research and certain types of that gas are highly valuable. Being located only in wormhole space there is a high risk associated with harvesting it unless you belong to a corporation that controls the wormhole.

Nevertheless, there is a way to harvest the most valuable gas without belonging to a wormhole corporation by using what is called ninja mining, meaning you jump into a wormhole, scan the location of a gas site, jump in and harvest the gas and jump out again before the Sleepers arrive. (NOTE AVOID "ORDINARY PERIMETER RESERVOIR" IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING, as there is sentries that can one shot your venture/frigate once you move. cloaks are required to escape) useful links for Fullerite Gas:

Google Spread Sheet

Fuzzwork Fullerite gas Prices

Wiki Information on Fullerite gases

(DANGEROUS) "Ordinary" Site Wiki Data

Mykoserocin and Cytoserocin (K-Space Gases)

Mykoserocin and cytoserocin are the two forms of gas which are only found in gas sites in known space. Mykoserocin can be found in high-security and low-security space and is used to make Synth boosters which have a mild effect and are less profitable to synthesize. Cytoserocin is found in low and null security space and is used to make more effective and more profitable forms of boosters. Mykoserocin tends not to be very profitable to harvest while Cytoserocin is fairly profitable.

Gas sites are rare in high sec, more common in low and somewhat common in null sec, they are also restricted to certain regions of space. Below is a table which shows what form of gas can be found in which region of space and what it can be used to synthesize. Within each region, there is also a hot-spot constellation where gas sites are always present.

Wiki Information on Cytoserocin

Wiki Information on Mykoserocin

Cloud Ring map in our space

Credit to Saarith.com, I basically copied and edited for you to read easier. It saved me some time, I will be rewriting the guide. but that requires a lot of time and research, and that may take a weeks to make accurate. This is temporary for right now and will be updated as needed.

Writer: CaptainBee'zNutz#0716

Writer's requests: Please rate this guide in the poll!

feel free to make any suggestions by dms or by ping in discord, help me make this more accurate.